Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My first CVS trip

My first CVS trip didnt go so well but there is room to improve it with time! Since I am new to the whole coupon thing here goes nothing!

First transaction:
4 packs of coke for 4/$12($3ECB)
Crest Pro Health toothpaste $2.50 w/$1.00 off coupon
Air Effects spray $2.50w/$1.00 off spray
4 Nesquik Drinks 2/$3($.50 off of one instore coupon)making it 2/$2
Always infinity pads on sale $4.99 with$1.00 ECB had a $2 coupon making it $2.99
Total OOP was $28.63 saved $23.29 :(

Second transaction
4 packs of soda 4/$12 with $4.00 ECB making them 4/$8
Total OOP was $8.48 saved $13.56

Total OOP was about$37.xx and saved almost $37.xx maybe next time!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm your first commenter!! Welcome to the world of blogging & saving money! Don't worry-- CVSing gets to be a lot of fun once you get the hang of it! It's one of my favorite stores!

Michelle said...

Looks like you did good! Don't beat yourself up, it takes time to build up your ECB. It does help to break your tips down into smaller transaction (not sure if you did that or not) Before I really learned what I was doing, my trans were like $50! LOL, now it is less than $5 a week.
Good job mama!

Melissa said...

ahhh you'll get the hang of it.. I've been doing this since June and I still make major mistakes all the time! Big ol DOH mistakes! lol! Not a bad deal for all of that if you consider a few weeks ago what you would have spent for all that loot!

Unknown said...

The first few trips always have the largest OOP because you don't have ECB's to use. You did great :)

Donna Rae said...

Good luck! Once you figure it all out you will be in and out of the store so quick with your deals and freebies you will be impressed with yourself. So will everyone else!