Monday, January 12, 2009

stockpiling

Okay so I finished my laundry room-except the ceiling- and my dad came down stairs saturday night(he was over to watch football) and looked at all of the things that I have 'stockpiled'and got while couponing and he says why are you wasting your money on stupid stuff like this? I said I am not wasting my money-I have gotten them for free or nearly free! He laughed at me and says that I have way to much stuff that I will never need! I was sort of angry because I am not wasting my money! We will use this stuff or I will donate it or whatever....but hey is it really hurting anyone? THen he proceeds to tell me about my addiction to shopping....so I ponder that-if I were to go to the regular store(which ever one) and buy this stuff for full price or even sales-I would be spending like a couple hundred dollars instead of merely pennies sometimes. I love saving money and couponing-its my new hobby. I am all for reading an ad, deciding what to go for , get my coupons ready and go! Its exciting. Is there a point when it does become obbsessive? Is there a point when it is too much? I heard you are supposed to keep a years supply of anything(that wont go bad) on hand. Who does this? Is there a support group for stockpilers? Its like I look at my stash of free items and think wow! I look at my savings in aww! It makes me want to find more deals! Does anyone's DH or family member ever laugh at them or question it? Even if I show them the receipts-they laugh..... maybe they are just jealous!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Some people just don't get it. Don't worry about it! LOL, when he calls or ask for toothpaste or something, then you can laugh with him.